Pradosham is a day dedicated to one of the most revered Gods in Hinduism, Lord Shiva. It is the 13th day of each lunar fortnight, and on Pradosham days, devotees of Lord Shiva observe fast and worship the mighty Lord Shiva, and doing so is believed to ease many difficulties in life.
The word ‘Pradosham’ stands for the elimination of all doshas (sins). Pradosham generally lasts for a duration of 2 hours and 24 minutes, even though this length varies from place to place.
Pradosham’s numerous benefits can be enjoyed regardless of the day it falls on. Here are all the Pradosham days and their benefits:
- Monday (Som Pradosh): Som Pradosh is known to erase negativity from the life of Lord Shiva’s devotees and turn them into positive thinkers.
- Tuesday (Bhaum Pradosh): Bhaum Pradosh is known to cure illnesses and disease, and it aids in improving overall physical health as well. Bhaum Pradosh also contributes to prosperity.
- Wednesday (Saumya Vaara Pradosh): Saumya Vaara Pradosh helps immensely in enhancing knowledge and education.
- Thursday (Guruvaara Pradosh): Guruvaara Pradosh provides protection against existing dangers and concerns, if any.
- Friday (Bhrigu Vaara Pradosh): No matter what negative energies and opposition surround your life, Bhrigu Vaara Pradosh helps to eliminate them completely.
- Saturday (Shani Pradosh): Shani Pradosh ensures progress in career, and also helps in recovering from financial losses.
- Sunday (Bhaanu Vaara Pradosha): Longevity and peace are the two main benefits of observing Pradosham on Sunday.