Shiva Sadhana can be roughly defined as the worship of Lord Shiva, one of the three primary deities of Hinduism. Regarded as both the destroyer and the creator of the Universe, Lord Shiva is the ultimate ascetic. Chanting his mantras and reciting prayers in dedication to Him is seen as the way to gain spiritual enlightenment, along with improvements in almost every sphere of life.
The most popular mantra for Shiva Sadhana is “Om Namah Shivaay”. The recitation of this mantra is known to help man in facing fears and in time, completely eliminating them, especially the fear of death. The mantra is also effective against various forms of diseases and illnesses, and promotes overall success and well-being.
“Om Namo Bhagwate Rudraay” is another powerful mantra that is recited to gain blessings from Lord Shiva. The Rudra Mantra as it is called, is effective in fulfilling one’s wishes.
Benefits of Shiva Sadhana
- Improvement in relationships in every sphere of life.
- Alleviation of numerous physical problems and diseases.
- Career enhancement and progress, and the removal of blockages to ensure the same.
- Reduces the effects of bad deeds (karma) in the past.
- Positive desires are rewarded much sooner.
- Helps to maintain a balance between the path towards self-realization and the responsibilities of worldly life.
- Physical relaxation, along with decreased heart rate and increased blood flow.
- Increased blood circulation, which reduces many aches and pains related to muscular issues.
- Quicker recovery from injuries, and medical conditions like arthritis, allergies, asthma and diabetes.
- Enhancement of the immune system, which leads to a great reduction in illnesses.
- Improves strength and vitality, and promotes long life.
- Helps women by reducing the effects of numerous pre-menstrual problems.
- Increased self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Greater courage to face fears and phobias.
- Greater control on emotions.
- Enhanced creativity and productivity, along with improvement in focus, memory and learning ability.
- Gives great determination and will power.
- Normalizes sleep cycles and reduces dependency on substances.
- Alleviation of bad habits and life patterns that are seen as negative.
- Great stress and anxiety reliever.
- Deeper connection with the self.
- Ensures peace of mind, contentment, and peace of mind, even against the odds.
- Continuous spiritual development and greater understanding of life and its purpose.
- Greater focus on the moment, ensuring heightened awareness and mindfulness.
- Increased tolerance, acceptance, and love for others.